The Armor of God
Lesson 8 of Hungry Hearts Fellowship's Home-Church Curriculum
Be solidly/firmly supported with TRUTH—Strap it on and wear it!
Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore having your loins girt about with truth….
- Putting on the whole armor of God begins with strapping on TRUTH.
- Pontius Pilot asked, “What is TRUTH John 18:38?”
- Jesus said to the woman at the well, …true worshippers shall worship the Father by [the] Spirit and by [the] TRUTH….John 4:23.
Our quest to find TRUTH must begin not with facts, bits of information, but with a person. Jesus claimed to be that person when he said, “I AM…the TRUTH… John 14:6.” It is only when we believe that Jesus is TRUTH personified, that he is the only way, the only TRUTH, and the only life, that we can begin waging spiritual warfare [both defensive and offensive] by fastening on the first piece of the Armor of God—the belt of TRUTH. Only then, can we begin applying to our lives not only the life that is inherent in the person of Jesus, but the life and protection that is inherent in his words [TRUTH] Matthew 7:24-25.
Jesus said his Spirit—the Spirit of TRUTH—would dwell in all who belonged to him John 14:17.
What an awesome defense against powerful spiritual enemies [who frequently work through physical means]!
- How does Psalm 91:4 add to our understanding of Ephesians 6:14
- What did David mean by Psalm 40:11?
- What does *Psalm 100:5 say to those who claim God’s TRUTH [the Bible] has been corrupted—that we no longer have it in its entirety?
- What are some companion verses to Ephesians 6:14, that show more scriptural examples of how [during his ministry] Jesus answered Pilate’s question, “What is TRUTH?” John 17:17, John 14:16-17
*Ben Chayyim Hebrew Text Translations
How can believers belt on the TRUTH and apply it to our lives in a defensive manner while offensively fighting the good fight, wielding the powerful spiritual weapons provided for us by our Creator?
Print-ready student and teacher pages of this study are available upon request at ONEWAYPRESS.COM
Visit the link above to subscribe and then use contact for to request study pages.
HungryHeartsMinistries.faith / copyright © Jocelyn Andersen 2020 / OneWayPress.com